Dan Wesson Distressed Specialist – .45 ACP
When police departments approached Dan Wesson to build them a more reliable, durable 1911 to replace the ones they had been carrying, they developed a model just for them.
A full-size 1911, the Specialist is chambered in .45 ACP and loaded with features to satisfy a public servant’s special requirements. The forged stainless steel slide wears our popular Clark-style serrated rib with a single amber tritium dot in the rear sight and a green lamp with a white target ring in front.
Also, the frame sports an integral 1913 Picatinny, 25 LPI front strap checkering, undercut trigger guard and recessed slide stop to enable the installation of laser grips. Equipped with an thumb safety, extended magazine release, and detachable two-piece magwell, the Specialist is operator-friendly. It is finished off with a set of G10 VZ Operator II grips that force the hand into the beavertail and hold it there.
The Specialist ships with two 8-round magazines with bump pads and is available in a Distressed Duty Black finish. The forged stainless steel slide wears our popular Clark-style serrated rib with a single amber tritium dot in the rear sight and a green lamp with white target ring in front. Otherwise identical to the standard Specialist, this Distressed version has a hand-weathered frame and slide.
Key Features of This Dan Wesson Specialist Distressed:
- Ambi Safety, Grip Safety, An ambidextrous safety allows for easy access to the safety for both left-handed and right-hand shooters.
- Fixed Night Sight, A Novak-style snag-free sight with tritium self-illuminated vials.
- Frontstrap 25 LPI Checkering, Sharp, 25 LPI checkering, giving plenty of grip without being too aggressive.
- Long Solid Trigger, A long solid trigger was used to give a traditional look and incorporate a serrated face.
- Mainspring Housing Checkering, 25 LPI checkering on the flat mainspring housing provides the means for a superb grip.
- Rail, Equipped with a 1913 Picatinny rail, adding a light or laser is a simple operation.
- Rear Tactical Night Sight, With an abrupt front face, tactical rear sight allows for one-handed racking of the slide and has a single tritium vial dead-center below the sight’s notch.
- Square Butt Profile, The standard square butt profile for those who prefer a traditional look.
- Tactical Hammer, The skeletonized hammer helps to reduce weight and maintains the clean look of the pistol.
- Top Rib, A Clark-style rib on the top of the slide helps knock down glare.
- Magazines x 2
- Cable Lock
- User Manual