IWI Tavor 7 – 7.62 x 51 (.308 Win.)
Due to the dynamic changes in the battlefield and the necessity of a potent 7.62mm firearm with superior performance, granting the troops an innovative, powerful, accurate and reliable firearm that can be rapidly and easily deployed in all combat situations – IWI created the TAVOR 7 chambered in 7.62 x 51mm (.308 Win.).
- TAVOR 7 is a bullpup system with a rear center of gravity enabling a rapid acquisition of the target. Furthermore, due to the bullpup configuration, the firearm’s overall length is significantly reduced without modifying the barrel length.
- TAVOR 7 is built to be durable and robust, designed in close collaboration with the IDF to create a firearm with outstanding performance and accuracy in all environmental conditions with enhanced human ergonomics.
- TAVOR 7 is made of superior steel and high strength impact modified polymer; it has a rotating bolt system ensuring maximum safety for the user.
- TAVOR 7 is a fully ambidextrous platform; the ejection side can be swapped rapidly and easily from side to side by the user. It is equipped with mil standard 1913 Picatinny rails on all sides allowing 100% compatibility with any available sights and/or accessories.
Highly Efficient & Reliable Modular Rifle
- Designed for minimum operator and armorer level maintenance, thus reducing life cycle costs
- 100% interchangeability, reducing the overall costs of the system
- All the metal parts of the firearm are corrosion resistant
- Body built of high strength impact modified polymer
- Hammer-forged, chrome-lined, free-floating barrel, for enhanced accuracy & life cycle
- Hard-anodized monolithic aluminum MIL-STD 1913 Rail
- The rifle is equipped with a significantly efficient jump compensator for better shooter stability
- Uses any NATOMIL STD 7.62 Steel / aluminum / polymer magazine
- Optimized ergonomic design
- Pistol grips can be changed or modified
- Fully Ambidextrous weapon:
- Safety Lever, Magazine Release, Bolt Catch: can be converted by the user from side to side ejection port, bolt and charging handel
- Non reciprocating charging handle
- Enlarged trigger guard for easier access and hand protection
- Short-stroke gas piston
- Simple field stripping into only 2 parts, easy to clean and no need for special tools
- Detachable & Replaceable 20″ barrel
- 4 position gas regulator
- M-LOK fore end, provided MIL-STD 1913 accessory rails at the 3 and 9 o’clock positions
- Covered MIL-STD 1913 accessory rail at the 6 o’clock position
- Caliber: 7.62 x 51mm (.308 Win.)
- Rifling: 4 RH Grooves, 1:12″ twist
- Barrel length (mm): 20″
- Total length (mm): 806
- Weight (approx. Kg) (w/o magazine): 4.1