Ruger American Pro Duty Pistol – 9mm
In short, designed with the latest U.S. Military standards in mind, the Ruger American Pistol is built to perform in the harshest conditions. Firstly, as a true American innovation, this pistol was developed through a rigorous “Voice of the Customer” process – where numerous law enforcement and military trainers, firearms experts, distributors, and retailers provided input, feedback, and testing in the determination of the form, function, and features of this firearm. Also, the resultant new pistol is a revolutionary platform for Ruger, one that utilizes the combination of a recoil-reducing barrel cam (which is designed to better spread recoil energy over time) with a low mass slide, low center of gravity and a low bore axis to provide an unparalleled shooting experience.
In addition, with intuitive, ergonomic handling and world-class dependability, Ruger’s American Centerfire Pistol is a handgun you can trust with your life. Firstly, glass-filled-nylon frame sports ambidextrous magazine release and slide stop, making it easy for left- or right-hand operation. Secondly, modular wrap-around grip lets you customize palm swell and trigger reach for the perfect fit. Also, recoil-reducing barrel cam teams up with the lightweight slide and low bore axis to reduce muzzle jump, allowing you to stay on target and make quick follow-up shots. Moreover, safe, easy takedown requires no tools or trigger pull. Integrated rail on the front of the frame lets you mount optics or other accessories. Also, includes two magazines, medium and large grip modules, and hard plastic case.
- Pre-tensioned striker system features a powerful striker spring for positive ignition without a heavier trigger pull.
- Barrel cam distributes recoil forces over a longer period of time to reduce felt recoil.
- Safe, easy takedown with no tools or trigger pull required.
- Rigid, one-piece, precision-machined, black nitrided, stainless steel chassis with integral frame rails and fire control housing.
- Modular wrap-around grip system for adjustment of palm swell and trigger reach to fit a wide range of hand sizes. Ergonomic grip modules lock in solidly and do not loosen.
- Genuine Novak® LoMount Carry three-dot sights with wide rear notch for rapid sight acquisition and alignment.
- Performance tested for sustained +P ammunition use.
- Ambidextrous slide stop and magazine release.
- Black nitride finish on stainless steel slide and chassis is durable, non-reflective and corrosion-resistant.
- MIL-STD-1913 Picatinny rail acts as a mounting point for a wide variety of standard lights and lasers.
- Non-slip surfaces include functional slide serrations and purpose-oriented grip frame texturing for enhanced control.
- Safety features include internal, automatic sear block system, ambidextrous manual safety and integrated trigger safety. Pro Models come without manual safety.
- Inspection port allows for visual confirmation of a loaded or empty chamber.
- Also includes – Two, nickel-Teflon® plated steel magazines; small, medium and large grip modules.
- Capacity: 10
- Slide Material: Stainless Steel
- Barrel Length: 4.25″
- Grip Frame: One-Piece, High-Performance, Glass-Filled Nylon
- Grips: Ergonomic Wrap-Around Grip Module
- Safety Option: Pro Model
- Size: Duty
- Slide Finish: Black Nitride
- Slide Width: 1.05″
- Sights: Novak® LoMount Carry 3-Dot
- Weight: 30 oz.
- Overall Length: 7.6″
- Height: 5.60″
- Grooves: 6
- Twist: 1:10″ RH
Current Specials, Hot Summer Specials, Ruger Firearms, Ruger Handguns$1,049.99