Out of stock
Steyr SSG 04 w/ Kahles 6-24 x 56 Scope Package
Scope Package: New Kahles 6-24 x 56 with Mil 1 Reticle, mounted with Leupold Rings.
The Steyr SSG 04 is a manually operated bolt-action rifle that offers an excellent choice to the long-range shooter or tactical operator in law enforcement or security applications. This platform provides high-precision performance and proven reliability.
Features a muzzle brake as well as a durable synthetic stock with an adjustable length-of-pull—via stackable buttplate inserts—and an adjustable cheek piece.
As in other Steyr high-performance bolt-action rifles, the SSG 04 is built on the Safe Bolt System (SBS) action with a unique 2+1 safety function that offers three settings operated by a wheel switch on the tang of the stock. The FIRE mode (safety off) is indicated by a red dot, and the first level of SAFE mode disables the firing mechanism while allowing the bolt to be cycled. The second SAFE position locks the bolt, at which point the bolt can be pushed down against the stock, locking the firing pin and firing mechanism out of firing position, allowing safe transportation with a round in the chamber. Simply pressing the safety’s release tab and rolling it forward returns the bolt to either the SAFE or the FIRE position. The receiver is topped with a Picatinny rail for optics mounting.
Another feature in the SSG 04 is the 2-stage magazine securing mechanism that uses a first stage to lock the magazine in but allows the bolt to be operated without feeding rounds in the magazine, thereby providing the user with the options of dry-firing or loading individual rounds by hand while maintaining a full magazine at the ready. Simply pressing up on the bottom of the magazine seats it in the second stage, which is ready for auto-loading.
- Model: SSG 04
- Purpose: Long-Range Target Shooting, Tactical
- Manufacturer: Steyr Mannlicher GmbH, Kleinraming, Austria
- Importer: Steyr Arms, Inc., Bessemer, AL USA
- Operation: Bolt-action repeating
- Caliber: .308 Winchester
- Magazine type/capacity: Polymer double-stack 10 Round detachable box
- Action material: 25CrMo4 steel
- Barrel: 23.6-inch cold-hammer-forged heavy barrel
- Rifling: 4 Grooves, 1:10 RH Twist
- Sights: 20-MOA Picatinny rail
- Finish: Mannox®
- Safety: 3+1 Position Safety
- Trigger type: Single-stage, direct
- Pull weight: 3 pounds, 8 ounces (adjustable)
- Stock material/type: Reinforced polymer
- Length of pull: 14.25 inches min. (0.33-inch inserts available)
- Comb Adjustment: Adjustable
- Drop at heel: Adjustable
- Recoil pad: Elastomer; 0.8-inch thick
- Sling swivels: Two studs
- Checkering: None
- Weight, empty: 10 pounds, 6 ounces
- Overall length: 42.6 inches
Included accessories: Owner’s manual, hard travel case, Harris bipod